We Want You!
MochiLand is a Flash Game developer community aimed at helping both green and veteran developers create better games. An integral part of the site are article submissions and the MochiLand blog where developers discuss important topics on game design techniques, theory, code, and industry events. It’s a place for you to stay informed, get in the dialogue, and stay dialed-in on new trends…or start your own!
Contributing to MochiLand is the best way to get yourself out there. A regular presence in the MochiLand community will get you recognized and respected by your peers as well as help others. Writing about your area of expertise is immensely rewarding as well as participating in the resulting conversation over your post. It’s also a great way to promote yourself and your games!
How To Contribute
MochiLand is looking for developers who have created successful flash games and want to share their knowledge with the rest of the community. All of our articles should be about creating Flash games or the industry in general. Good topics include:
- Game design and theory
- Actionscript techniques as related to games
- Tips on distributing or marketing games – the business side
- Artwork, music, or asset creation
Steps to contribute
- Develop an article proposal. Send us a summary of what you would like to write about. Include three main points you wish to communicate in your piece. These will frame what a reader will learn after reading your article. Include your background and the games you’ve developed.
- Send the proposal to the editor for review.
If your proposal is accepted, we’ll let you know and you can begin writing the article. A few things to ensure the success of your article:
- Be sure to proofread it. Check punctuation and spelling and make sure your article has a good flow.
- Have someone you know proofread your article. Have them give feedback on whether your point comes across clearly.
- Send your draft in to the editor.
We’ll check your article and may suggest some modifications. Our goal is to help ensure the article is clear and flows well to keep the quality of our content high. If you have any questions please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.